- Where should you place your ads?Posted 1 year ago
- 7 Shocking Internet Trends & StatsPosted 1 year ago
- 10 SEO Copyrighting Tips for 2013Posted 1 year ago
- The Perfect Posts for Social MediaPosted 2 years ago
- Google Denies Involvement in PRISMPosted 2 years ago
- So you’re a Web Designer and got your first job! How much should you charge?Posted 2 years ago
- No More Yahoo Mail Classic, New Version Scans E-MailsPosted 2 years ago
- Drupal Users Urged to Change Their PasswordsPosted 2 years ago
- Opera Launches Opera Next Chromium-Based BrowserPosted 2 years ago
- Web Design Facts in 2013Posted 2 years ago
New My Opera Community Site Released
Today Opera Software unveiled its new and improved My Opera Community, an online oasis where users can blog, share photos, chat and make friends. My Opera is a free service that features a freshly re-designed user interface and is now specially optimized for surfing from not only the PC, but Wii, Opera Mini and Opera Mobile as well.
As My Opera is easily accessible from Opera-Powered devices, Opera ensures the same community experience cross-device. My Opera makes it simple to browse photo albums, post blog entries or message friends from the convenience of any platform.
“The Opera Mini integration with My Opera is one of my biggest reasons for using it,” says Yojimbo, a My Opera member and aviation student. “A few clicks and I’ve let the whole world know what I’m up to, wherever I am,even while 6,000 feet off the ground.”
In addition, My Opera Community allows users to quickly find friends and get to know others with the recently added “People” section. By clicking on People, users are directed to a profile page highlighting members and what they’re talking about.
“The launch of the new My Opera is a testament to our users, telling them that we are listening,” says Jon von Tetzchner, CEO for Opera Software.”We want this community to be less about Opera and more about the individuals that comprise My Opera. Our intention is to provide a service that is for the users and driven by the ever-increasing number of users,and we feel that we’ve taken the first step with this launch.”
My Opera features explained:
- People – Meet the Opera Community in the “People” section. Check out the latest logged-in users, or search for members by their usernames.
- Blogging – Create your own blog, read a blog or “spotlight” other bloggers in the community with My Opera’s free blogging service.
- Photo blogging – Snap a picture with your camera phone and upload it instantly to your My Opera page using Opera Mini.
- My Opera and your device – My Opera is optimized for any device running the Opera browser. Access the same exciting community features from your phone, Nintendo DS, Wii or other Opera-Powered device.
- Groups – Meet people with similar interests and start a group. Create a shared blog or photo album with your new found friends.
- Photo albums – Upload photos to your My Opera page and create multiple photo albums for any occasion. Store up to 300 mb of your favorite pictures.
- Widgets – My Opera is the world’s first community site to include automatic support for Widgets, which are small, fun Web applications that help you personalize your browsing experience.
How to join My Opera
Go to my.opera.com and select “Sign up now”. Simply choose your username and password to register. You will receive an e-mail verifying your account activation. Just click the link in the e-mail and start blogging!
About Opera Software ASA
The worldwide World Wide Web — any device, any platform, any bandwidth, absolutely anywhere in the world. Opera Software was founded in 1994, based on the idea that access to the web should be a universal right. 300 million people (and counting) use the Opera web browsers for computers, mobile phones, TVs and other connected devices. Opera also delivers tools, distribution, engagement, monetization and market insights to developers, publishers and brands around the world. We are passionate about breaking down barriers, so everyone can share in the power of the internet. Our vision of one web for all remains at the heart of what we do, because we believe that participation changes everything. Opera Software ASA is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. ‘Opera’, ‘Opera Software’, ‘Opera Mini’ and the ‘O’ logo are trademarks of Opera Software ASA. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Learn more about Opera at www.opera.com.