- Where should you place your ads?Posted 4 years ago
- 7 Shocking Internet Trends & StatsPosted 4 years ago
- 10 SEO Copyrighting Tips for 2013Posted 4 years ago
- The Perfect Posts for Social MediaPosted 4 years ago
- Google Denies Involvement in PRISMPosted 4 years ago
- So you’re a Web Designer and got your first job! How much should you charge?Posted 4 years ago
- No More Yahoo Mail Classic, New Version Scans E-MailsPosted 4 years ago
- Drupal Users Urged to Change Their PasswordsPosted 4 years ago
- Opera Launches Opera Next Chromium-Based BrowserPosted 4 years ago
- Web Design Facts in 2013Posted 4 years ago
Google’s $30 Million Dollar Acquisition
Acquisition season is open, in the past few weeks Facebook has acquired Parse, Spaceport.io and Osmeta, All 3 companies heavily involved with mobile development. Not to be outdone Google beats out Apple and acquires another start-up Wavii, for over $30 million.
Wavii a Seattle based company allows it’s users to keep up with everything they care about in a personalized newsfeed, It automatically creates status updates for your favorite politicians, celebrities, gadgets and more, in the same way you would follow your friends on Facebook.
Finally confirmed the other day on Wavii’s own website they have changed their logo to mimic the colors of Google’s own and posted the following message
“You probably know us best for our app that takes the deluge of information streaming across the web and condenses it into fast, fun updates. While we won’t continue to offer this particular service, we’ll be using our natural language research at Google in ways that may be useful to millions of people around the world.
To all of our loyal Wavii users, we owe you a big thanks for all of your feedback and involvement throughout this journey. We look forward to taking our technology to the next level and delighting you with what we come up with next!”
Founded by a former Microsoft Employee Adrian Aoun raised close to $2 million in seed funding in 2009 to form Wavii.