- Where should you place your ads?Posted 4 years ago
- 7 Shocking Internet Trends & StatsPosted 4 years ago
- 10 SEO Copyrighting Tips for 2013Posted 4 years ago
- The Perfect Posts for Social MediaPosted 4 years ago
- Google Denies Involvement in PRISMPosted 4 years ago
- So you’re a Web Designer and got your first job! How much should you charge?Posted 4 years ago
- No More Yahoo Mail Classic, New Version Scans E-MailsPosted 4 years ago
- Drupal Users Urged to Change Their PasswordsPosted 4 years ago
- Opera Launches Opera Next Chromium-Based BrowserPosted 4 years ago
- Web Design Facts in 2013Posted 4 years ago
Prolexic Tracks Over 47 Million DDoS Attack Bots
Prolexic, the global leader in Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection services, announced today that it tracks more than 47 million bots in its global IP reputational database. Each time a bot is used in a DDoS attack against a Prolexic client, the bot’s IP address and location are logged and tracked. Information on the number of bots, along with trend details on attack types and attack locations is now available in PLXpatrol, the company’s free public DDoS attack portal, at www.prolexic.com/plxpatrol.
Since its launch in Q4 2012, PLXpatrol has been providing up-to-the-minute intelligence and insight on DDoS threats to the world’s IT and security community. The information presented in PLXpatrol is sourced from Prolexic’s analytical and IP reputational databases.
“Version 2.0 builds on the very successful launch of PLXpatrol and provides more views and more data,” said Stuart Scholly , president at Prolexic. “With this free tool, users have the ability to drill down and get deeper insight on DDoS attacks, both historically and in near real-time.”
The first release of PLXpatrol included an Attack Tracker, showing where DDoS attacks directed against Prolexic’s clients were originating from and geographic locations of targets (anonymized). Additional views included Country Ranking (last 24 hours) and Country Ranking (All Time). Key additions in PLXpatrol 2.0 include:
- Attack Tracker (Enhancement) – This tool has been enhanced with an optional three-dimensional view of attacks sources and destinations, along with details on the number of recent attacks originating in each country
- Attack Types (New Feature) – This new tool shows the most common attack vectors being used in DDoS attacks over the last 30 days and all-time (since Prolexic has been tracking attack types).
“Prolexic is sitting on a wealth of Big Data DDoS threat and Internet Protocol intelligence,” said Scholly. “We are sharing this insight with the global IT and security community through PLXpatrol and will continue to build out the tool as the year progresses.”
Prolexic is the world’s largest, most trusted Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation provider. Able to absorb the largest and most complex attacks ever launched, Prolexic restores mission-critical Internet-facing infrastructures for global enterprises and government agencies within minutes. Ten of the world’s largest banks and the leading companies in e-Commerce, SaaS, payment processing, travel/hospitality, gaming and other at-risk industries rely on Prolexic to protect their businesses. Founded in 2003 as the world’s first in-the-cloud DDoS mitigation platform, Prolexic is headquartered in Hollywood, Florida and has scrubbing centers located in the Americas, Europe and Asia. To learn more about how Prolexic can stop DDoS attacks and protect your business, please visit www.prolexic.com, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ , YouTube , and @Prolexic on Twitter.