- Where should you place your ads?Posted 6 months ago
- 7 Shocking Internet Trends & StatsPosted 7 months ago
- 10 SEO Copyrighting Tips for 2013Posted 8 months ago
- The Perfect Posts for Social MediaPosted 9 months ago
- Google Denies Involvement in PRISMPosted 9 months ago
- So you’re a Web Designer and got your first job! How much should you charge?Posted 9 months ago
- No More Yahoo Mail Classic, New Version Scans E-MailsPosted 9 months ago
- Drupal Users Urged to Change Their PasswordsPosted 9 months ago
- Opera Launches Opera Next Chromium-Based BrowserPosted 9 months ago
- Web Design Facts in 2013Posted 10 months ago
Yahoo News Streams Will Now Include Tweets
Twitter has been an important part in media over the past couple of years, delivering news, tips, information and updates in real-time all over the world.
Yahoo’s CEO Marissa Mayer has taken notice and believes this is an “important information source for many of our users”. Which has lead to the decision of including Twitter feeds in the Yahoo News content stream.
Yahoo plans on seamlessly including relevant tweets from verified sources alongside current articles, giving users and easy way to discover new writers, and publishers to follow. They plan on rolling this integration across the U.S. over the next couple of days on desktops as well as mobile devices & tablets.
In Mayer’s announcement post regarding the new feature she stated:
This is a bold move considering less than a month ago the Associated Press’s Twitter account was hacked and said that two explosions have gone off at the White House. With the additional power and distribution of Yahoo News pushing Twitter feeds the potential to cause panic and spread misinformation has just grown.