- Where should you place your ads?Posted 1 year ago
- 7 Shocking Internet Trends & StatsPosted 1 year ago
- 10 SEO Copyrighting Tips for 2013Posted 1 year ago
- The Perfect Posts for Social MediaPosted 1 year ago
- Google Denies Involvement in PRISMPosted 1 year ago
- So you’re a Web Designer and got your first job! How much should you charge?Posted 1 year ago
- No More Yahoo Mail Classic, New Version Scans E-MailsPosted 1 year ago
- Drupal Users Urged to Change Their PasswordsPosted 1 year ago
- Opera Launches Opera Next Chromium-Based BrowserPosted 1 year ago
- Web Design Facts in 2013Posted 1 year ago
Google Rebuilds AdMob With New Tools For Developers
During Google’s I/O yesterday they announced that they have rebuilt the AdMob platform, using only the best technology and ideas from their other platforms, such as AdSense. Stating that it will be a great tool in helping the smaller mobile app developers expand and grow their business.
What’s Google’s motivation behind this? Keeping the app developers paid so they can continue to develop awesome apps.
Over a year ago Google integrated AdMob’s inventory into their AdWords system giving those developers access to new advertisers. Google plans on continuing to invest their time and efforts into creating new tools to help app developers succeed ensuring that they themselves succeed.
Yesterday they began rolling some of the new AdMob features to the app developers, expecting global availability in the next coming months, AdMob developers who have access already will get a notice inside their accounts asking them to upgrade.
Some of the new AdMob features available are:
- Smarter app promotion: Conversion Optimizer helps many AdWords advertisers increase conversions while decreasing cost per acquisition. We’re now bringing Conversion Optimizer to app developers using AdMob to promote their apps, so they can get the best possible number of installs for their budget. Choose a target cost per acquisition for each download, and Conversion Optimizer will show ads when they are most likely to lead to an install.
- Robust ad filters: Ensuring that your app is showing quality, relevant ads is important for app developers. Now, developers will have more control over which ads appear in their apps, by blocking sensitive categories, so they can increase relevancy and protect their brand.
- Maximized earnings: If developers want to show ads in their apps from more than one ad network, they can use AdMob Mediation with a new, simplified setup.
- Local payments: We’re introducing local currency payments, so developers don’t need to spend time calculating currency conversions and organizing money transfers.
- Intelligent reports: The new reporting interface enables app developers to slice the data in many ways with multi-dimensional reports that help them identify opportunities to grow. They can break down their reports over time by app or ad unit, platform, country, bid type, and more.